Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Last 288 Hours

*Disclaimer: I started this post, including the title, over a week ago.  That pretty much sums up the major impact tiny Wesley has had on this mama-everything is taking a loooot longer or not getting done at all.

I don't agree with what lots of people told me about going from 1 child to 2-"4x the work".  Yet.  That's likely because the newest addition is still a snuggly, sleepy newborn.  And also I don't feel as crazy this time around.  Natural I suppose.  But down time is kind of at a premium, I will admit.  So with the elder child at grandma's house today and the younger soundly snoring into my chest, I'm taking this moment to post a few pictures and video of our first days as a family of 4:


Happy 4th Birthday Big Brother Max!
 



Little bug

 
 
 
Max and Wesley chilling on the couch watching an episode of "Wordgirl"

 
1st bath




 
 I don't believe those first smiles are "gas" or involuntary muscle spasms or something.  You won't think so either after seeing the following photo shoot.  My baby is cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!






I made these!  With sticks!  From my yard!  And before anyone gets too impressed, know it took me almost 3 weeks to do them and they will be up til May.

I participated in a cookie exchange this year.  I'm not a baker however.  Max wanted to do cookies he could decorate.  These little beauties took 3 days between chilling dough, baking, cutting out, decorating etc.  Thank you to my MIL Gloria for helping decorate or they'd still be in process.  Oh, and the 6 dozen cookies obtained during said cookie exchange?  Gone.  Consumed by me and husband in a record 2 days.  Gross.  I know.
 
 
 
 
This speaks for itself.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I was finally able to get into the blog from my phone yaaaa! Absolutely precious. So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete