Monday, December 13, 2010

Stump Trouble

Infant's umbilical cord stumps are the grossest things in the world.

Max's started oozing and getting gooey three days ago. As if a crusty brown raisin-y thingie that's going to FALL OFF isn't bad enough, now it has to OOZE and stain all his adorable onesies??!! Also it smells like pierced ear holes (you know the smell I'm talking about). I want to vomit/faint every time I see it.

Then today it decided to just hang there. By a thread. Of SKIN.

I stared at it for his entire afternoon feeding today, willing it to fall off by the force of my gaze. Stumpwatch 2010.

I'll take rectal temperatures any day over this.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarity. I will make you a shirt with the words "Stump Watch 2010" and a picture of a California Raisin, to commemorate the occasion.

    ReplyDelete