Tuesday, June 29, 2010

T'aint Right

Apparently not only am I now wearing a sign that says "give me whack job advice" and "tell me horror stories involving dozens of stitches and neonatal intensive care units", but also "while you're at it, why don't you ask me if I'm getting an episiotomy, especially if you're male and not on intimate terms with my anatomy?". I've had three men in as many weeks bring up this comfortable and appealing topic to me.

Since we're already toeing the perineal area, lets dive right in, shall we? (Be warned, the following paragraphs address a vulnerable, personal issue. I reserve the right to look askance at anyone who doesn't understand the line between blog-appropriate and face-to-face-discussion-appropriate. Meaning: don't ask me about my rear end at brunch.)

Thank god I read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Besides being damn funny, she's the only pregnancy book author I've encountered (and there have been MANY...I'm an over-informer) who mentions the excessive hair growth. Back there. That's right- were it winter I wouldn't have to worry about my buttcrack catching cold. If I hadn't been prepared for such a phenomenon, I'd be frantically googling the possibility that I possess some sort of latent monkey gene.

I am only sharing this because a. its too funny not to, b. I feel like I need to spread the warning, and c. I want to find out if this is common or if its just me and Jenny with the new place to put braids.

A friend who's blog I love recently posted about her experience at her Brazilian wax appointment, wherein the aesthetician referred to her butt hair as "intricate" (weekendatdaddys.blogspot.com). I'll be addressing my problem in similar fashion soon and can't WAIT to hear what my practitioner says.

2 comments:

  1. This is the funniest blog I have ever read. Latent monkey gene? Toeing the perineal area? Buttcrack catching cold? GENIUS. You should add "ass hair" as a label in case other nervous preggos are looking for comfort and reassurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is about time that buttcrack hair growth blogging caught on. thanks for being such a pioneer.

    ReplyDelete